Our Kindergarten provides education for children between the ages of 4 to 6. Our aim is to create a school environment which is caring, happy and safe.
We appreciate that staff are our most important asset. We therefore employ highly qualified and experienced early year professionals. We also ensure our staff undergo continual training and are well versed in current ‘best practice’.
Our Kindergarten offers boys and girls an education for life. We believe that schools should be attractive and purposeful places that allow children to grow spiritually, morally, socially, intellectually and physically. Therefore, we are committed to:
1. Provide a broad-based curriculum, designed to motivate, challenge, encourage and inspire pupils and enable them to achieve their potential, making the most of their time in Kindergarten and beyond.
2. Adopt teaching and learning methodologies that promote creativity and thinking skills.
3. Integrate Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in throughout the educational process.
4. Engendering trust, respect, and loyalty through continuous guidance.
5. Fostering self-confidence, tolerance, honesty and integrity.
6. Enable students to have insights into the Islamic values and culture.
7. Enhance the relationship between students, staff, parents and the wider community.
PEA kindergarten follows the National Curriculum and Early Childhood Education curriculum guidance framework (ECE) which is designed to cater for the needs of learners in line with the school’s vision and philosophy. We have designed our curriculum that helps children to make good progress towards, and where appropriate, beyond the above mentioned commitments.
The effective delivery of the curriculum is dependent on the following four guiding themes:
1. The Uniqueness of each learner.
2. The importance of developing positive relationships.
3. Provision of an enabling environment that optimizes students’ learning and development.
4. Tailored learning environments to cater for differentiated learning styles as well as potential.
Our Curriculum is based on six areas of learning:
1. Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
Communication, Language and Literacy (CLL)
2. Mathematical Development (MD)
3. Creative Development (CD)
Knowledge and Understanding of the World (KUW)
4. Development (PD)
• Arabic (Part of CLL)
• Religion/Islam (Part of KUW)
We encourage parents to call in and visit our kindergarten any time between 8am – 1pm, Sunday – Thursday. Our staff will make you feel welcome and there is always somebody available to show you around and answer any questions you may have. We enjoy being with our students and they love to be with us in school!